Can you guess who these famous people are from their high school yearbook pictures and what school activities they participated in? Take a shot and then see the answers below!
Name That Celebrity Based On Their High School Clubs
1. It makes sense that this actress was involved in the drama club at East Greenwich High School considering she became the star of a sitcom that ran for 11 seasons in the late 90s and early 2000s, but she was also part of the yearbook staff and was a member of the National Honor Society and Quill and Scroll.
2. This Oscar-nominated actor, whose break out role was in a raunchy comedy about a bachelor party in Las Vegas, was active in tennis while at Germantown Academy in Ft. Washington, Pennsylvania, as well as in the Latin Club and Business Club.
3. This singer/songwriter, who had a passion for airplanes but sadly died in a plane crash at only 53, not only participated in the Arlington Heights High School chorus but was also a member of Allied Youth and played on the football team.
4. She found fame in acting and was the first African American to win an Oscar for Best Actress, but in high school she was on the Bedford High School cheerleading team and won Prom Queen.
5. This television journalist, who was the first female correspondent on 60 Minutes, was editor-in-chief of Seneca High School’s yearbook and a writer for its newspaper. She was also in the National Honor Society and was a cheerleader and basketball queen.
6. While he later became a naval officer who was a POW in Vietnam and then a senator who ran for President, this Episcopal High School student was a wrestler, a football player, and a member of both drama and yearbook.
7. This actor, who won an Oscar for portraying a famous soul singer, was a jock at Terrell High School in Terrell, Texas. He played basketball, baseball, football, and ran track.
8. This actor is most known for his role in a popular sci-fi television show that takes place in space, but at Los Angeles High School, he ran cross country and was involved in student government.
9. This rapper/singer/comedienne, who played a supporting role in an Oscar-winning musical movie that took place in the 1920s, went to state championships with her basketball team at Irvington-Frank H. Morrell High School and played the lead in the musical production of Godspell. Her senior class voted her “most comical” and “best dancer.”
10. This acting legend, who is often associated with his collection of classic cars, became a pop culture icon after his untimely death in a car accident at the age of 24. At Fairmount High School in Fairmount, Indiana, he excelled in track and basketball. He was also active in theater, band, the debate team, and F Club.
Ready for the answers? Scroll down to see how many you got right!
- That’s Debra Messing, from the show Will & Grace!
- Recognize Bradley Cooper? One of his early starring roles was in The Hangover.
- Did you guess John Denver?
- That’s Halle Berry! She won an Oscar for Monster’s Ball.
- Did you know that was Diane Sawyer?
- That’s the late John McCain!
- Yup, that’s Jamie Foxx, who played Ray Charles in the movie Ray.
- That’s George Takei, who was in Star Trek.
- Queen Latifah, who was nominated for an Oscar for Chicago, looks the same today!
- James Dean starred in Rebel Without a Cause but sadly died in 1955.
Click here to view more celebrity yearbook photos.